Kedarkantha Trek is one of the most popular treks in Uttarakhand located in Govind National Park in trekking in Uttarakhand Garhwal Himalayan Uttarkashi district. The road to Kedarkantha makes hiking through the fragrant cedar forest more interesting. Kedarkantha is approximately 12,500 feet above sea level. Kedarkantha is very famous for hiking, camping and photography. The beauty of the Kedarkantha walk in winter paints another picture. During this winter trek you will see snow-capped peaks everywhere, including Hadung Valley, Ruinsara Valley, Bai Pass, Rufin Mountains, Spin Mountains, Kedarkanta Palbat Peak, Bandar Punch Palbat, Swagaro Hinipo Peak, and Gango Tree do it. And the magnificent scenery of the Yamuno Tree Mountains adds to the beauty of this hike. The whole trek here takes 23km, 4-5 days and is the starting point for a narrow Kedarkantha trek. Kedarkantha trek starts in Sankri Village. The hike here is not only for experienced hikers, but puzzle tourists as well can easily do this hike. What I love most about Kedarkantha is the 360 degree sunrise view from the top of Kedarkantha which attracts the tourists to Kedarkantha. This scene is too beautiful to describe in words. You have to experience this yourself. If you are planning a short trip full of adventure and fun. If so, Kedarkantha trekking is the perfect place for you.
When Kedarkanta -goes
Kedarkanta trekking enemy planes is from November to April, so it snows a lot and is famous for its winter hikes. Kedarkantha trekking can be done at any time of the year and you can see different beauties at any time of the year. Kedarkantha Trek is a great winter trek. In winter, another experience offers views of the white snow-capped Boogaloo and the colossal peaks of the Himalayas seen from the top of Kedarkanta, and the sun behind the peaks.
How to get to Kedarkanta?
To visit Kedarkantha, tourists must first arrive in Dehradun, the capital of Uttarakhand. Dehradun has good road, rail and air links. Getting from Dehradun to a narrow base is 190 km on the highway and takes 8-10 hours. There is a direct bus from Dehradun to Sunkley departing at 5:30 am from Dehradun. And if one wants to come from Delhi, you can join the Trekup India Package directly from Delhi to Kedarkantha i.e. Delhi to Delhi.
Things to consider while trekking in Kedarkantha
- Kedarkantha is an easy, medium difficulty trail that can be easily hiked by novice hikers and adventurers.
- This trek is decided with the help of an experienced trekking agency and a guide. Contact monitoring agencies and guides for necessary guidelines.
- If possible, do not carry valuables with you. If you are in a mountainous area, you can wear woolen clothes, scarves, gloves, socks, raincoats, flashlights, etc. bring it.
- When trekking, use only boiling water and bring a bottle of water.
- Do not take any medication or medication while walking
- The forklift cannot use the mobile network. Also, the cold will quickly drain the battery of the electronic device.
- Focus on the most essential equipment, shoes and trekking jackets. Wear good shoes and a good jacket for trekking.
- Make sure you have a good camera as you won’t have the opportunity to click beautiful pictures on your social profile.
- Do not do this walk alone. Always work in groups of two or more.
- Do not disturb the normal life of the villagers. Forests, rivers, resources, etc. keep it clean.
- Do not throw the lit cigarettes, beedi into the forest. Do not put a burning fire. There is a risk of fire.
- The weight of the bag should be kept to a minimum and food, nature and essential items should be properly stored.
- Make sure you have a first aid kit while hiking and do not pollute the environment.